from structlog import *works now (but you still shouldn’t use it).
- [Bug]: Fixed a memory leak in greenlet code that emulates thread locals. It shouldn’t matter in practice unless you use multiple wrapped dicts within one program that is rather unlikely.
- [Bug]: Various doc fixes.
- [Bug]: Don’t cache proxied methods in
structlog.threadlocal._ThreadLocalDictWrapper. This doesn’t affect regular users.
- [Feature] #5: Add meta data (e.g. function names, line numbers) extraction for wrapped stdlib loggers.
- [Feature]: Allow the standard library name guesser to ignore certain frame names. This is useful together with frameworks.
- [Feature]: Add
structlog.processors.ExceptionPrettyPrinterfor development and testing when multiline log entries aren’t just acceptable but even helpful.
- [Feature] #12: Allow optional positional arguments for
structlog.get_logger()that are passed to logger factories. The standard library factory uses this for explicit logger naming.
- [Feature] #6: Add
structlog.processors.StackInfoRendererfor adding stack information to log entries without involving exceptions. Also added it to default processor chain.
- [Bug]: Fix stdlib’s name guessing.
- [Feature]: Extract a common base class for loggers that does nothing except keeping the context state.
This makes writing custom loggers much easier and more straight-forward.
- [Feature]: Allow logger proxies that are returned by
structlog.wrap_logger()to cache the BoundLogger they assemble according to configuration on first use. See Performance and the cache_logger_on_first_use of
- [Feature]: Add Twisted-specific BoundLogger that has an explicit API instead of intercepting unknown method calls.
structlog.ReturnLoggernow allows arbitrary positional and keyword arguments.
- [Feature]: Add Python Standard Library-specific BoundLogger that has an explicit API instead of intercepting unknown method calls.
- [Support]: Greatly enhanced and polished the documentation and added a new theme based on Write The Docs, requests, and Flask. See License and Hall of Fame.
- [Feature]: Allow for custom serialization in
- [Feature]: Enhance Twisted support by offering JSONification of non-structlog log entries.
structlog.PrintLoggernow uses proper I/O routines and is thus viable not only for examples but also for production.
- [Feature]: Add key_order option to
structlog.processors.KeyValueRendererfor more predictable log entries with any dict class.
- [Feature]: Promote to stable, thus henceforth a strict backward compatibility policy is put into effect. See How To Contribute.
- [Feature]: Initial work.